STIICA Terms of Service
Thanks for using STIICA! These terms of service ("Terms") cover your use and access to our services, client software and websites ("Services").
If you're using our Services for an organization, you're agreeing to these Terms on behalf of that organization.
Your Stuff & Your Permissions
When you use our Services, you provide us with things like your files, content, messages, contacts and so on ("Your Stuff").
Your Stuff is yours. These Terms don't give us any rights to Your Stuff except for the limited rights that enable us to offer the Services.
We need your permission to do things like hosting Your Stuff, backing it up, and sharing it when you ask us to.
Our Services also provide you with features like photo thumbnails, document previews, commenting, easy sorting, editing, sharing and searching.
These and other features may require our systems to access, store and scan Your Stuff.
You give us permission to do those things, and this permission extends to our affiliates and trusted third parties we work with.
However, our STIICA team is unable to provide encrypted file information and scanning service.
Sharing Your Stuff
Our Services let you share Your Stuff with others, so please think carefully about what you share.
- You're responsible for your conduct. Your Stuff and you must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy. Content in the Services may be protected by others' intellectual property rights. Please don't copy, upload, download or share content unless you have the right to do so.
- We may review your conduct and content for compliance with these Terms and our Acceptable Use Policy. With that said, we have no obligation to do so. We aren't responsible for the content people post and share via the Services.
- Help us keep you informed and Your Stuff protected. Safeguard your password to the Services, and keep your account information current. Don't share your account credentials or give others access to your account.
- You may use our Services only as permitted by applicable law, including export control laws and regulations. Finally, our Services are not intended for and may not be used by people under the age of 13. By using our Services, you are representing to us that you're over 13.
Some of our Services allow you to download client software ("Software") which may update automatically. So long as you comply with these Terms, we give you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable license to use the Software, solely to access the Services. To the extent any component of the Software may be offered under an open source license, we'll make that license available to you and the provisions of that license may expressly override some of these Terms. Unless the following restrictions are prohibited by law, you agree not to reverse engineer or decompile the Services, attempt to do so, or assist anyone in doing so
We sometimes release products and features that we are still testing and evaluating. Those Services have been marked beta, preview, early access, or evaluation (or with words or phrases with similar meanings) and may not be as reliable as STIICA's other services, so please keep that in mind.
The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other US and foreign laws. These Terms don't grant you any right, title or interest in the Services, others' content in the Services, STIICA trademarks, logos and other brand features. We welcome feedback, but note that we may use comments or suggestions without any obligation to you.
We respect the intellectual property of others and ask that you do too. We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement if they comply with the law, and such notices should be reported using our Copyright Policy. We reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing and terminate accounts of repeat infringers.
You can increase your traffic space and add paid features to your account (turning your account into a "Paid Account"). We'll automatically bill you from the date you convert to a Paid Account and on each periodic renewal until cancellation. If you're on an annual plan, we'll send you a notice email reminding you that your plan is about to renew within a reasonable period of time prior to the renewal date. You're responsible for all applicable taxes, and we'll charge tax when required to do so. Some countries have mandatory local laws regarding your cancellation rights, and this paragraph doesn't override these laws.
You may cancel your STIICA Paid Account at any time. Refunds are only issued if required by law. For example, users living in the European Union have the right to cancel their Paid Account subscriptions within 14 days of signing up for, upgrading to or renewing a Paid Account.
Your Paid Account will remain in effect until it's cancelled or terminated under these Terms. If you don't pay for your Paid Account on time, we reserve the right to suspend it or reduce your storage to free space levels.
We may change the fees in effect but will give you advance notice of these changes via a message to the email address associated with your account.
- You're free to stop using our Services at any time. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Services with notice to you if:
- (a) you're in breach of these Terms,
- (b) you're using the Services in a manner that would cause a real risk of harm or loss to us or other users, or
- (c) you don't have a Paid Account and haven't accessed our Services for 12 consecutive months.
- We'll provide you with reasonable advance notice via the email address associated with your account to remedy the activity that prompted us to contact you and give you the opportunity to export Your Stuff from our Services. If after such notice you fail to take the steps we ask of you, we'll terminate or suspend your access to the Services.
- We won't provide notice before termination where:
- (a) you're in material breach of these Terms,
- (b) doing so would cause us legal liability or compromise our ability to provide the Services to our other users, or
- (c) we're prohibited from doing so by law.
Discontinuation of Services
- We may decide to discontinue the Services in response to unforeseen circumstances beyond STIICA's control or to comply with a legal requirement. If we do so, we'll give you reasonable prior notice so that you can export Your Stuff from our systems. If we discontinue Services in this way before the end of any fixed or minimum term you have paid us for, we'll refund the portion of the fees you have pre-paid but haven't received Services for.
Services "AS IS"
- We strive to provide great Services, but there are certain things that we can't guarantee. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, STIICA AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some places don't allow the disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
- WE DON'T EXCLUDE OR LIMIT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU WHERE IT WOULD BE ILLEGAL TO DO SO—THIS INCLUDES ANY LIABILITY FOR STIICA'S OR ITS AFFILIATES' FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION IN PROVIDING THE SERVICES. IN COUNTRIES WHERE THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF EXCLUSIONS AREN'T ALLOWED, WE'RE RESPONSIBLE TO YOU ONLY FOR LOSSES AND DAMAGES THAT ARE A REASONABLY FORESEEABLE RESULT OF OUR FAILURE TO USE REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL OR OUR BREACH OF OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH DOESN'T AFFECT CONSUMER RIGHTS THAT CAN'T BE WAIVED OR LIMITED BY ANY CONTRACT OR AGREEMENT.
- IN COUNTRIES WHERE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ARE ALLOWED, STIICA, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS WON'T BE LIABLE FOR:
- i. ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR
- ii. ANY LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY.
- THESE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT STIICA OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- IF YOU USE THE SERVICES FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, BUSINESS OR RE-SALE PURPOSE, STIICA, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY. STIICA AND ITS AFFILIATES AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE SERVICES.
- OTHER THAN FOR THE TYPES OF LIABILITY WE CANNOT LIMIT BY LAW (AS DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION), WE LIMIT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU TO THE GREATER OF $20 USD OR 100% OF ANY AMOUNT YOU'VE PAID UNDER YOUR CURRENT SERVICE PLAN WITH STIICA.
Business uses of our Services
- If you are using our Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify STIICA and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and STIICA with respect to the subject matter of these Terms, and supersede and replace any other prior or contemporaneous agreements, or terms and conditions applicable to the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms create no third party beneficiary rights.
Waiver, Severability & Assignment
- STIICA's failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If a provision is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms, and any such attempt will be void. STIICA may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services.
- We may revise these Terms from time to time to better reflect:
- (a) changes to the law,
- (b) new regulatory requirements, or
- (c) improvements or enhancements made to our Services.
- If an update affects your use of the Services or your legal rights as a user of our Services, we'll notify you prior to the update's effective date by sending an email to the email address associated with your account or via an in-product notification. These updated terms will be effective no less than 30 days from when we notify you.
- If you don't agree to the updates we make, please cancel your account before they become effective. Where applicable, we'll offer you a prorated refund based on the amounts you have prepaid for Services and your account cancellation date. By continuing to use or access the Services after the updates come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.